Thank you for wanting to learn more about how you can support the mission of Zoie’s Place. It means so much us to us that you have taken the time to click through this page and learn about how YOU can get involved and help us bridge the gap between foster care and adulthood.
We know that not everyone reading this is called to foster or adopt but we also know that you care about the young adults we serve, and you want to see better outcomes for them. Here are so ways you can help us in our fight to change the stigma and statistics for youth aging out of foster care.
We are so grateful for every person who desired to volunteer at Zoie’s Place. We feel honored you would want to use your gifts and talents to serve the needs of our program. Thank you so much for expressing an interest in volunteering with our organization.
Anyone interested must:
- Complete an application
- Complete a background check
- Provide 3 references
- Attend training
Please note, if you would like to volunteer as a mentor, you must first volunteer at our organization in another capacity.
Email our Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected] to learn more about our current volunteer needs.
Each of us has been given unique gifts and talents, you can use yours to help raise support for young adults aging out of foster care. Help us spread the word to a new audience by hosting an event for the people in your sphere of influence. There are many ways you can help but here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Home Gathering – Host a group of your friends and family
- Church Partnership – If you think your church would be interested in partnering with us to serve the fatherless, talk to your mission department and introduce Zoie’s Place. We’d be happy to come speak to your church if they want to learn more.
- Dine for a Cause – Many restaurants will partner with a nonprofit organization to host a dine for a cause event. If you and your friends have a favorite restaurant you visit often, visit the manager and ask them if they’d be interested in partnering to support Zoie’s Place. Set up a date and invite your friends to come eat to support our residents.
- Apartment Kits – We envision a world in which all young adults aging out of foster care are thriving. Sometimes these young adults can barely afford rent to keep a roof over their head, so we want to make sure they also have dishes, silverware, sheets, etc. Gather your bible study group, group of friends, or family and ask for donations for the apartments of the young adults we serve. When a young adult completes our life skills classes, they are able to shop in our resource closet for the items they need. We would love your help filling this need.
We have an ongoing need for tangible items in our home such as laundry detergent, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, etc. We keep our Amazon list updated with our current needs. Click here to learn more about what we currently need at Zoie’s Place.
If you don’t already know, one of the programs we have is to offer ongoing Life Skills classes to young adults in Denton and surrounding counties. When a young adult completes a life skills class at Zoie’s Place, they are given a grocery card, gas card, bus passes, or a voucher to shop at our resource space for items for their apartment. We are able to provide these items to the young adults we serve because of generous donors like you. If you want to help with this need you can purchase a gas card or a gift card from a local grocery store and mail it to:
306 N Loop 288 Ste. 118
Denton, TX 76209
Or, make a donation by clicking here and type “Life Skills” in the comments box.
What a beautiful thing to have people from all over the world joining in prayer for all of the abused and neglected children in foster care and aging out of foster care. We would love to add you to this team of intercessors. If you’d like to receive monthly updates about how you can be praying for Zoie’s Place, please email [email protected].
Here’s a list of ongoing prayer requests:
- Pray for an increase in foster and adoptive parents. We would love to see a world where we have more families ready to foster than children waiting for families.
- Pray for prevention. Pray for early identification so that families can be provided with the support they need before a removal is necessary.
- Pray for the spiritual growth and development of the young adults we work with.
- Pray for the graduates of our program that they are able to continue on a path of success and happiness and that they may break generational cycles of poverty, abuse and neglect in their families.